ABOUT WILD BEAR
Each year the Apollo Motorcycle Club puts on a fundraiser called the “Wild Bear Safari”. It started out in 2014 as an Adventure Ride but as the years passed we also added a dualsport route too. The ADV route is designed around bigger bikes (75% street) while the dualsport route is designed around smaller bikes up to 650-700 cc (85% dirt with most of it single track). We usually have around 130 bikes each year that ride in small groups so everyone can ride at their own pace. We provide the route sheets and GPS tracks and every year is a different route. Entry includes camping, 2 breakfasts, a BBQ dinner and an event T-shirt. The money we raise from this event helps to pay Apollo club expenses.
- Property gate opens at 2 PM Friday (4/21/2023) for campers
- Ride registration at 8 AM Saturday with a continental breakfast.
- Riders meeting Saturday at 9 AM. First bike out at 9:30 AM
- Saturday dinner at 7 PM in clubhouse
- Bonfire after dinner (BYO chair/drink)
- Riders meeting Sunday at 8 AM
- Everyone needs to be off the club property by 4 PM Sunday
All riders must wear a helmet, we do not provide medical insurance and urge you not to ride a bike without it. E -mail Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Registration starts Feb 1st, 2023 and can only be done on-line (no mail-in entries). Payment can be made via PayPal.
Max # of campers on club property is 80 with a max total of 130 riders this year.
Friday, April 21
Property gate opens at 2 PM Friday (4/21/2023) for campers.
Saturday, April 22
Saturday ride a 60-70 mile dualsport route that will be around 90% dirt (miles of one way tight single track and dirt roads). Best suited for smaller street legal dirt bikes from around 250 up to around 701. You will need knobbies for this ride.
NOTE: this trail is not big ADV bike friendly.
We will also have an optional 140 mile “ADV Route” for bigger bikes (scenic ride with some optional dirt roads).
Saturday fuel is available at a few places along the route. Longest distance between fuel stops is less than 20 miles.
- Dinner will be inside the clubhouse.
- Bonfire after dark. Bring your own chair and drink.
Sunday, April 23
- Sunday ride a different one way tight single track trail (can also ride Saturday afternoons single track trail again). Best for dirt/dualsport bikes with knobbies.
EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE OFF THE APOLLO PROPERTY BY 4 PM SUNDAY.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
On site camping is full, please seek other accommodations.
- Entry is $110 for riders
- $30 for passengers (we do not recommend 2 up for dualsport ride)
- Entry includes camping, Saturday + Sunday breakfast, Saturday dinner, and T-Shirt for paid rider and paid passenger.
- Route sheets, GPS tracks, and event address will be e-mailed one week before event to the E-mail address
provided at on-line registration.
Primitive Camping is included for the first 80 campers. On site camping is full, please seek other accommodations. Camping area has Port-o-lets and hot showers. Manatee Hammock with full hookups is also only 6 miles away.
Additional 2023 Wild Bear Safari lodging
7275 S. US Highway 1
Titusville, FL 32780
Americas Best Value Inn
Cocoa Port Canaveral
3220 N Cocoa Blvd, Cocoa, FL 32926
Days Inn by Wyndham Cocoa
5600 FL-524 Cocoa, FL 32926
Best Western Cocoa Inn
4225 W King St
Cocoa, FL 32926
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Cocoa
301 Tucker Ln
Cocoa, FL 32926